SEEKING: Account Executive Leader
ENCORE MEDIA GROUP the Publisher of Encore Arts Programs and City Arts Magazine has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, highly skilled sales executive who is ready to seamlessly transition into a key role within our organization and to swiftly assume the duties associated with a well–established account base. We are looking for a proven top performer with an outstanding track-record for exceeding expectations in new business development, sales performance and client management. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven professional who is interested in a career with high earning potential with the West Coast’s leading arts-focused publisher.
You are a consummate professional and a team player with publishing, integrated media, and/or advertising agency experience that demonstrates your ability to present and sell multi-platform advertising and sponsorship solutions to senior level management and independent businesses alike. You come to the table with an existing list of key clients and agency contacts - and a hundred ideas for new business opportunities that you are eager to develop.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
AMBITIOUS. A go-getter who thrives in the highly competitive and dynamically changing media environment. You take your job seriously, but you know how to have fun, too.
ACCOUNTABLE. Meets and exceeds short and long-term revenue goals with a commitment to sustainable revenue growth. Contributes fully to objectives of the team. Invests in what it takes to succeed.
ARTICULATE. A compelling communicator with highly developed presentation, negotiation and closing skills. Proficiently develops and presents effective proposals to senior level corporate executives and agencies.
PASSIONATE. Knowledgeable and actively interested in the performing arts and the creative communities we serve.
ENTREPRENEURIAL. Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and leadership qualities—has the potential to rise to new challenges. Is resourceful, positive, proactive, and motivated. Has the ability to identify new revenue opportunities and measure product potential.
ABOUT ENCORE MEDIA GROUP
For more than 45 years Encore Media Group (www.encoremediagroup.com
) has been publishing high-quality arts programs for prestigious arts organizations and clients on the west coast. A lot has changed in those decades.
• Encore Arts Programs serve over twenty-three arts groups in the Seattle and Bay area, and each year reach over 3 million patrons of the arts.
• City Arts Magazine publishes monthly, provides new online and digital content daily, produces ongoing events including Genre Bender, The Future List and Artwalk Awards, and is an active sponsor of numerous community events.
• Our custom publishing capabilities provide services for long-standing clients such as the Seattle International Film Festival, Seattle Art Dealers Association, Seattle Pride and the Bellevue Downtown Association.
Experience: 5+ years
Functions: Advertising, Sales
Industries: Publishing, Advertising, Digital Media and Marketing
Compensation: Base salary plus commission + Full Benefits
Invitation to Linkedin Profile (mandatory)
City Arts is currently looking for editorial interns. Interns provide invaluable support to the magazine, the website, social media and events (such as Art Walk Awards). Interns will gain insight into the editorial, design and production processes. College students and graduates pursuing careers in journalism, publishing or marketing are preferred. These are unpaid positions, but academic credits are possible if needed.
- Copyediting, proofreading, transcribing and fact-checking as needed
- Researching and compiling info for print and online event previews
- Researching feature topics
- Writing and/or photographing for occasional event previews and blog assignments
- Securing and organizing digital artwork files
- Contributing to marketing and in-house ad materials
- Providing support at sponsored events (for interns 21+)
You do not need prior experience in journalism to apply for a City Arts internship. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, independent and graceful under pressure. A background in writing, the arts and/or communications is a plus.
- Minimum commitment of two eight-hour days per week for three months
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, e-mail and Web research
- Familiarity with standard social media platforms
- Ready access to email and Internet outside our offices
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief letter of interest describing your interest in City Arts and the subjects we cover (e.g., theater, live music, visual arts, dance) in one document.
City Arts editorial internships run in approximate three-month intervals. We are always accepting materials from interested parties.
Looking for a fun way to volunteer in the Seattle arts community?
City Arts Magazine is looking for energetic, engaging volunteers to represent us at local events and festivals throughout the year! We are looking to add to our team of friendly folks to help us out at various events around the city.
Compensation includes awesome perks such as movie tickets, restaurant gift certificates, theater tickets, guest list invites to City Arts events, and much more!
If interested, please email email@example.com
In your response, please include:
1. Your availability
2. Seattle neighborhood you reside in
3. Professional/social background
4. Your top 3 favorite local art/music events
5. If you are over 21 years of age (Some of our events have age limitations)
City Arts Magazine lovers, students, music enthusiasts, and artists of all kinds are encouraged to apply.