A publication of Encore Media Group, City Arts is headquartered in Greenwood, a neighborhood of Seattle, and employs a small staff of editors, designers and sales people. Below is a list of positions we currently have available.
Full Charge Bookkeeper - Full time
Encore Media Group, publisher of Encore Arts Programs, City Arts Magazine and various periodicals, seeks an experienced full charge bookkeeper to join its dynamic team of professionals. For more information on the company, please visit our websites at encoremediagroup.com, encoreartsseattle.com and cityartsonline.com.
This position is responsible for managing the daily bookkeeping functions through month end financial statements and will work closely with our CPA.
- 4 year degree or 2 year Accounting Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience with full charge bookkeeping
- Proficient with Quickbooks Pro
- Expert skill level with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products – Word & Outlook
- ADP payroll processing
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Discipline, productivity and flexibility
- Excellent inter-personal skills working with our internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Payroll , Benefit and Human Resource management
- Business tax return preparation, State & City
- Cash management and reconciliation of multiple bank accounts
- Reconciling Balance Sheet accounts at month end
- Producing monthly financial statements
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No solicitations, please.
City Arts is currently looking for editorial interns. Interns provide invaluable support to the magazine, the website, social media and events (such as The Song Show and the Best Of Art Walk Awards). Interns will gain insight into the editorial, design and production processes. College students and graduates pursuing careers in journalism, publishing or marketing are preferred. These are unpaid positions, but academic credits are possible if needed.
- Copyediting, proofreading, transcribing and fact-checking as needed
- Researching and compiling info for print and online event previews
- Researching feature topics
- Writing and/or photographing for occasional event previews and blog assignments
- Securing and organizing digital artwork files
- Contributing to marketing and in-house ad materials
- Providing support at sponsored events (for interns 21+)
You do not need prior experience in journalism to apply for a City Arts internship. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, independent and graceful under pressure. A background in writing, the arts and/or communications is a plus.
- Minimum commitment of two eight-hour days per week for three months
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, e-mail and Web research
- Familiarity with standard social media platforms
- Ready access to email and Internet outside our offices
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief letter of interest describing your interest in City Arts and the subjects we cover (e.g., theater, live music, visual arts, dance) in one document.
City Arts editorial internships run in approximate three-month intervals. We are always accepting materials from interested parties.